Tuesday 7 October 2014




Cherish

This is one of our new Fabscraps Collections that has been lunched is Oh Sew Beautiful!
Thank you, Michelle for this alluring project done with so much intricate details...

For you at home to try your hand at this beautiful creation follow the below instructions.

Cherish

Done by Fabulicious DT Member: Michelle Frisby



For This Project You Will Need

  • C68 001 – Stitch in Time
  • C68 008 – Haberdashery
  • DC66 013 – chipboard clock

Additional Images

Download (12.4MB ZIP)

Instructions

  1. Cut one 6" square from C68 001 – Stitch in Time
  2. Cut one 5" square from C68 008 – Haberdashery
  3. Distress edges of both pieces of paper, distress the smaller piece a little more than the other.
  4. Cut another strip of paper from C68 001 – Stitch in Time and punch with a lacy edge punch, adhere two layers of punched edge layers under distressed/ripped edge on both sides. Stitch both layers together.
  5. Use a stencil and modeling paste to add a little texture to the paper. Once dried, randomly paint on some Shimmerz and let dry.
  6. Take one clock, dab over a Ranger Perfect Medium stamp pad. Sprinkle over Stampendous shabby white embossing enamel and heat set. Dab over another stamping of the stamp pad and some more shabby white embossing enamel and heat set again. Use that same stamp pad again and randomly apply it again. Sprinkle over some clear embossing enamel and heat set once again.
  7. I quite liked the result, but then decided it needed something more and I used a Faber-Castell black big brush pen and applied all over my clock. Have to say I panicked a little and grabbed a tissue and wiped away some of ink and then I heat set to dry and that was how I achieved the look that I have now.
  8. During drying time with my heat gun, the ink ran a little and mixed with the embossing powders and voila...love the result. So there is not only a shimmery effect, there is a little white, a little black and a little gold showing through and it looks speckled and shiny.
  9. I ripped a little corrugated cardboard from my pizza box and popped a small piece under my clock and adhered it to the top layer of my patterned paper.
  10. Adhere the clock hands and then use metal dies to cut out leaves and foliage from C68 008 – Haberdashery, painted a little more Shimmerz on the top. Layer and embellish the card with foliage, a little muslin, a little hessian, some stamens and a few flowers.
  11. The word “cherish” was originally white cardstock which I then coloured using my black big brush pen and then randomly applied gesso.
  12. To finish, rub a little gesso, some more Shimmerz and a little more black ink around the edges of the paper.

No comments: