Thursday 4 August 2016

C88 FLORAL DREAMS COLLECTION - 
by Jeanine de Bruyn

MAGICAL MOMENTS LAYOUT


A single page layout using the Fabscraps C88 range
Requirements:
2 Sheets of C88 007 Blossom
1 Sheet of C88 008 Fairy Dust
1 Chipboard title C88 005 (Magic Moments)
Green cardstock
Black cardstock
Texture paste and stencil of your choice (optional)
White and Grey paint (optional)
Flat back pearls
Lace/Cheesecloth/gauze
Flower and embellishments of your choice
(I made my own flower using fabric)

Directions:
Your background paper  will be the C88 007 (Blossom) paper, Using your texture paste and a stencil add randomly to your background paper, I also stamped over the texture paste once it was dry just so that it wasn’t so white.
Fussy cut the Fairy from the bottom left of the C88 007 paper.
Fussy cut the flower ‘border’ on the left side of the C88 008 paper, also cut out the round ‘frame’.
Cut a piece of measuring 16.5cm across and 21cm down from the remaining piece of C88 008 paper, distress and chalk the edges before matting it on a piece of green cardstock.
Matt your photo first on black cardstock then onto a piece of the C88 008 paper, then onto green cardstock remembering to distress and chalk all the edges. I then added foam to the back to lift the photo slightly from my page. Before I glued it down onto my 16.5 x 21cm piece I added a little cheese cloth to the left side of the photo.
Fussy some flowers from the remaining pieces of both papers.

To Assemble the page: 
Begin by glueing down your flower border to the left side of your background paper ( I added foam squares behind my flowers to lift them a bit, as well as some gauze behind the flowers for a bit of texture).
I glued a piece of wide lace (which I cut from an old kitchen curtain) to the right side of my page, you don’t really see much of it but I just liked the softness that it added to the page.
Next glue down the 16.5 x 21cm piece. To the top right of the piece add your frame, flower ( I made my own using another part of the kitchen curtain) and your cut out flowers. I also stamped some butterflys onto vellum and embossed them then fussy cut them out. I added a white frame from my stash behind my flower and one of my butterflys in the middle of the frame. On the bottom right of the page I added my fairy and some more of the cut out flowers as well as another smaller white frame from my stash and another stamped butterfly.
Add the title to the bottom left of the page and then just have fun embellishing your page further. I added some stickels to my flower as well as some flat back pearls here and there.
Lastly I splattered some white and grey paint over my page ( remember to cover your photo first). Happy scrapping everyone!.










No comments: